Sunday, March 1, 2015

Podcast

Hey girls,
For the podcast I am going to discuss project-based learning and why it is important.
Here is my script for it:

Project-based learning is very important in education. Students learn by engaging in projects that actually relate to the real-world, and this is exactly what project based learning is; allowing students to engage in activities that they can then relate to their lives and use in the real world. By having a classroom that uses project based learning, it allows the traditional classroom to become a more efficient, hands on learning experience.
Technology also plays a huge role in creating a project based classroom. It is integrated as a tool for discovery, collaboration, and communication. Technology allows students to go further into depth in what they are learning, while without it, they could only reach a certain point. It also allows teachers to collaborate and work together more easily. Teachers can share their technological resources with one another as well. So, not only does technology benefit the students, but the teachers as well.
Technology and project-based learning are becoming more essential in the classroom. By combining them both together, they give students an understanding of inquiry, develop good communication skills, they learn to be flexible with their working hours, are held responsible for meeting deadlines, they develop a better understanding of how the world works, and they also grasp an understanding that they can change the world, as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, I am not able to see what your script is, I can do either what we have done or where we are going with our project. Stacey, do you have a preference for which part you do? Also, I will have to do my part before next weekend because I will be traveling, so either I can get my part to you guys and you can submit it on Sunday, or we can have it completed earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see your script either. I am willing to do whatever needs to be done to get this finished.

    ReplyDelete